The Kennel Club of Philadelphia
"What you'll see"
At the Kennel Club of Philadelphia Dog Shows, there's plenty to see each day. When you're at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, look for signs directing you to a free guided tour of the Show to find out how dogs prepare, how the competition works and what judges look for in the show rings. In the meantime, here's an overview of what you'll see at the Shows:
Breed judging - Each day, dogs in more than 160 breeds and varieties are judged individually according to the recognized standards for the breed.
- Saturday, November 16, 2013 - Breed judging begins at 8:30 AM.
- Sunday, November 17, 2013 - Breed judging begins at 8:30 AM.
Group and Best in Show judging - Breed winners proceed to judging in the seven groups-- Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding. Top dogs from the groups comprise the field for the culmination of the Shows in the main ring.
- Saturday, November 16, 2013 - Group and Best-in-Show judging starts at about 1 PM.
- Sunday, November 17, 2013 - Group and Best-in-Show judging starts at about 1:30 PM.
* Between 1 PM and 6 PM Saturday November 16th, NBC TV will film the Group and Best In Show competitions for The National Dog Show Presented by Purina, to be broadcast Thanksgiving Day at noon EST, immediately following the Macy's Parade.
Demonstration events - On Saturday and Sunday in Hall D, dogs will show their intelligence and athleticism in a variety of demonstration events-- a delight for dog show fans of all ages
Kids! The Kennel Club of Philadelphia invites you to meet 160 breeds up close throughout the weekend’s benched shows (which means that all the dogs in competition stay throughout the two days at the Expo Center while their owners show off themed displays celebrating their dogs' heritage.)
On Sunday, November 17th, see all the classic canine competition as on Saturday's event … PLUS see:
- Diving Dogs,
- Agility Dogs
- Freestyle Flying Disc
All in Hall D’s MetroKids Family Fun Zone with dog-themed face painting, caricatures and more!
Please note, children are welcome, but due to safety concerns, no strollers or unregistered dogs will be permitted